To Eat or Not to Eat
Created by: Lynnsey Chandler, Stanly Community College
About the Series:
This instructional lesson is part of NC-NET's Creating Integrated Instruction series of faculty-developed integrated projects. Participating community college faculty developed classroom-ready materials that:
- Integrate career and technical content and academic concepts—reinforcing both
- Use real-world scenarios to engage students and make content relevant
- Foster critical thinking, collaboration, and other skills valued by employers
- Encourage instructors to use active, authentic assessment techniques
In this project students will research a topic, build educational information delivery systems, and learn about how to properly educate a patient on a condition and management.
Three weeks (1.5 hours x 1 day per week)
Appropriate Course(s) for Implementation:
- Science (Biology, Anatomy and Physiology)
- Medical Terminology
Files for Instructors:
The materials to implement this project are self-contained within a single Microsoft Word file.
>> Download "To Eat or Not to Eat"